November 21, 2013

Wet Run

Our run tonight was damp.  It's a good thing the temperature was good.  It was a 35 minute run and I actually did 35:46 (hey, every second counts!), and I covered 3.8 km.  It's hard to believe we are at the end of the clinic.  I love to look back and remember how hard it was to do 6 repeats of walk 1 minute, run 2 minutes.  Then, I look further back to when I did the 10k's and know that I will get there again...maybe even a half marathon next year!

More Paleo baking today.  I wanted to use up the pumpkin and mashed bananas that I had in the fridge, before they had to go in the compost bin.  I only had a little coconut flour, so I found a banana bread recipe that used almond flour.  I added a handful of blueberries, and just had a slice after my run.  It is very good...nice and moist.  I printed the recipe but think I saved it on the other computer.  I will have to post the link later.  Maybe a recipe tab would be a good idea.  I 'm still figuring out this blog thing!  :)


Then, I also made the pumpkin loaf that I made last weekend.  It ended up being 3/4 almond flour and 1/4 coconut flour, instead of half and half, but it also turned out good.  I added some coconut and raisins to that one. 

 
I really want to try making French toast with one of them.  I would like something different for breakfast, instead of eggs almost every day.
 
Yesterday, I made lazy cabbage rolls in the slow cooker.  They turned out well, but I think next time I will brown the ground beef first.  It cooked into a big hunk that I had to break up with a spoon.
 
I got started on Lily's quilt today.  I should be able to get it done in time to take it to Halifax with us for Christmas.  I think it is going to be very pretty.
 
 
Time for bed.  I'm getting up early to take Jim to work.  Then, when I pick him up in the afternoon, we will stop at Commisso's in Niagara Falls for some groceries.  We've been a couple times now.  It is nowhere near as big as Whole Foods, but they do carry a good selection of healthy foods. 

1 comment:

  1. Those loaves look delicious!! Congrats on an awesome run. I think a half is a great idea. We could be running buddies if you do Niagara Falls:)

    ReplyDelete