December 18, 2013

Pre-Christmas Craziness

It's been busy, with getting ready for Christmas and having my birthday and one of my sisters' birthday 5 days apart, getting together with friends, and packing for our trip to Halifax to spend Christmas with Sarah, Matt, Lily and Emma.  I can't wait!  Talked to them on the phone this morning and they are very excited!  I've been watching the weather closely and am hoping things will go smoothly.  There are systems moving through, but it looks like it should be ok for when we are flying.  We leave Toronto Island around 2:30, with a one-hour flight to Ottawa, half hour stopover there (we don't have to change planes) and then about 1 1/2 hrs to Halifax, so we should get there around 7pm Halifax time.  (They are an hour ahead).

I weighed in this morning at 230.4.  That's not too bad, since I had gotten up to a little over 232.  I will have to stay focused and make good choices.  I will have a few treats, but try to make thoughtful decisions and not let myself be mindlessly munching.  Matt was given a 25 lb turkey from work, so we will have it coming out of our ears after Christmas!  Of course, Christmas Eve will be tourtiere (I still haven't figured out how to use the bilingual keyboard for the e with accent grave). 

I didn't run last night.  I usually visit my mom on Wednesday evenings and we watch a movie together.  Since we are leaving tomorrow, we did our movie last night (running night).  I'm kind of glad anyway.  Jim said it was pretty sloppy out and they had to be really careful.  That would be the last thing I would need...to slip and twist something right before our trip. 

I'm not sure how much I will get here over the holidays, so if it's not 'til after Christmas, I wish you a very Merry Christmas and all the best wishes for a happy and healthy 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment