January 18, 2014

Yayyyy!! (And a bit of self-talk)

Jim spoke with Ticket King the other night, and they said they would exchange our Les Miz tickets for another day!  Hillary had to do the exchange, as she was the one who originally bought them.  So, we are going this Wednesday afternoon.  I can't wait!   

I'm still feeling kind of discouraged.  Part of it is that I am a little OCD, but in the all-or-nothing kind of way.  If it can't be done perfectly, it doesn't get done!

One minute I am all gung-ho to go completely paleo again, then it's maybe just gluten-free, or maybe just track carbs and calories.  WHATEVER!!  Just do it!

One minute I think, yes, I can do a half-marathon in June, the next, no, that is not realistic, wait until October.  Meanwhile, I am doing nothing, nada, not even a 'Walk Away the Pounds' DVD.  And then, if/when I do decide to do a half, I will struggle with trying to run the whole thing or run/walk, and look at a gazillion different training plans.  WHATEVER!!  Just got off my arse and move!  It has to start with the first step!

I have been unemployed since March 31 last year.  It wasn't all bad.  I was getting restless in my job and occasionally checking out the job bank.  It was good that I didn't have to work while Sarah and the girls were here, or while we were getting my mom's house sold and her moved into the retirement home.  But now, it is time to get going on the job front.  I should qualify for the Second Career program and be able to go back to school.  I just want to be sure about what I want to do.  And maybe just a little bit of fear.

So, there is my rant.  Actually, that kind of helped!  No one can make my choices for me, and no one can make me get moving.  I need to forget about the number on the scale (for the most part, anyway).  At least not let that be the focus.  I am coming up on 16 years since being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and complications are going to start happening if I am not careful.

I'm off to switch over the laundry and then finish off putting away the Christmas decorations.  Then...not sure yet.  Have a great weekend! 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janice

    February already where did January go ............ hope the couple of weeks since this post have been good for you.

    Choices to make, things to do ....

    Take Care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete