March 19, 2014

Baby Steps

I had good intentions of getting up at 6:00am this morning to get on the exercise bike for a 20-minute ride.  Jim had to go in to work early today, so left at 5:00.  I ended up falling back asleep until around 9:00am (well, I didn't get to bed until 1:30am).  BUT  that desire to get on the bike wouldn't go away.

Usually, it is a case of my mind saying, "I really don't want to do this.  I have too much to do.  I slept in, so I don't have time".  And the bad inner voices agree with me.  Today, though, the voices were saying those things, and also, "It's ok...you can do it tomorrow".  BUT, I said "NO!  I actually WANT to do the workout".  So, I went down and did it.  I'm just starting out, so 20 minutes on the bike, and then did a 31-second plank (I did 30 seconds yesterday).  The biking is going to be my cross-training...slowly build up the time (breaking in the butt...LOL) and be able to go for some nice rides outside once the weather is nice.  Hopefully, that won't be too far away.  There are actually some temperatures above 0 in the forecast!  Yayyy!!

Our eating habits have been slowly sliding a little.  I've been doing more reading about low carb for Type 2 diabetes from The Low Carb Diabetic  and some of the links to other blogs/websites.  I was looking back through some of my notes from last summer when we were doing strict Paleo.  My blood sugar numbers were greatly improved, but now I see that I was probably eating a bit too much fruit and starchy veg.

There is a lot of information out there, and it is very easy to spend hours at the computer.  I purposely stayed away from it this morning.  I have so much that needs to be done around the house.  And, I need to kick my job search up a notch. 

Our oldest daughter will turn 30 next week!  I can't believe it!  We are having a small party on Saturday.  We were just going to pick up pizza, since it would be easy, but I am going to come up with some other low-carb items that I can add to the menu.  I can't keep pussy-footing around.  There is always going to be some kind of event on the calendar.  There are lots of options I can serve.  I just need to plan a bit and say that I am worth the little bit of extra effort.



I love having the dates on the old prints!  Hillary is on the right and would have just turned 6.  By the clothes, I am thinking this was probably Easter.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janice - glad to hear you are going to add more low carb items to the party on Saturday. Many thanks to the link for the low carb diabetic. Husband eddie who is a Type 2 diabetic has found the low carb, high fat, moderate protein lifestyle excellent for giving him good control of his blood sugar numbers. I'm not a diabetic but also follow this lifestyle and have felt so much better for it. If you haven't done so already do also read the information on our website www.lowcarbdiabetic.co.uk.

    So pleased to read/hear you are sounding so positive. Keep up the great work.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete