April 3, 2014

New Name


Introducing Trials and Triumphs of a Type 2 Turtle!

The other name just wasn't sitting right with me.  The description kind of made me feel overwhelmed with the number of things I need to change in my life.  When I first thought about a blog, my idea was Type 2 Turtle in Training, but then my running (any exercise, really) fell by the wayside.  I think this new one describes me a little better.  I do have a lot of things to work on, but they are going to take time and there will be a lot of ups and downs, so here I am!  I still plan to tweak design and such, but that will likely be a little further down the road.  I have less than two weeks to get ready to go to Halifax, so I will be pretty busy.

Sarah sent a text this morning that it was snowing in Halifax again!  Yesterday, they had freezing rain and it was really windy.  Matt picked up Lily from school so Sarah wouldn't have to take Emma out in it.

We FINALLY have some nice weather here this week!  I got out for a walk on Monday, almost 3.5 km, and yesterday, I walked to my mom's.  I go to her place every Tuesday evening to watch a movie.  Josh was going to drop me off but it was so nice out.  It was only 1.7 km and took me 19:38 to get there.  I love my Garmin!  The plan is to build up the distance a bit more and then add in some running intervals.

I have to leave in a few minutes for my massage.  Ahhh...I am so looking forward to that!  I guess I should get going and come back to this later!

My massage was wonderful!  Very relaxing and she also got a few tight spots, but nothing too painful! 

Jim works noon - 8:30, so supper is alone for me.  There is lots of stuff in the freezer but not much in the fridge.  Here is what I came up with: 

I had some eggs, leftover spaghetti squash, a bit of leftover pork, some red and orange peppers and a southwest Greek yogourt dip.  I found this dip last week and it is really good.  It is a President's Choice product and doesn't have any strange, unpronounceable ingredients.  And no carbs!  















I scrambled 2 of the eggs, diced the pork and some of the peppers and mixed it all together with about half of the spaghetti squash and a spoonful of the dip, along with a bit of minced garlic, salt and pepper. 
















Then, I cooked it in some coconut oil until it looked done.  It wasn't very pretty, but it was tasty and filling!



Later, I had to pick up Jim from work and we went to see Muppets Most Wanted.  I loved it!  The Muppets never disappoint.  We almost got a private screening.  Another couple came in during the previews. I didn't expect that there would be too many other people wanting to watch the Muppets at 9:45pm! 

I didn't get a walk in today, but tomorrow is another day!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment