June 3, 2014

Well, hello!

It's been ages since I've put up a post.  I was in Halifax April 15-30.  Sarah doesn't have internet and I don't have a huge amount of data on my phone plan, so I didn't get online much.

I had a wonderful trip, spending time with Sarah, Matt and the girls.  Of course, the time went too quickly and I didn't want to leave, as I miss them so much, but I was ready to come home to my Sweetie Pie.  <3

We didn't do a lot of tourist-y things, as it is off season and Matt was working a lot of the time.  I was there for Easter and Emma's 5th birthday was Easter Monday.  It was just us, but Sarah did a great job with a 'Frozen' theme.  I took some of my plastic snowflakes from Christmas for decorations and Sarah made a gorgeous cake.  The snowflakes on the cake are made of white chocolate.

 
 
We also went to see Mary Poppins at the Neptune Theatre.  It was Emma's first live theatre experience and was a wonderful show.  
 
 
It has become somewhat of a tradition to take a picture next to the big lobster at the airport.  He is made of mosaic mirror tiles.  This is where  you can buy fresh, live lobsters to take home. 

 
The trip home was somewhat of an adventure, as I got stuck in Ottawa overnight due to fog in Toronto.
 
Sarah sent me this picture of the girls on Mother's Day. 

 

Since I've got home, I just have not had much motivation for anything.  Weight has been more or less maintaining +/- a few pounds, but it is up around 15 lbs since last summer.  Still, I need to remember that I AM 80 lbs lighter than when I was at my heaviest (probably around 10 years ago), and although I have a long way to go, I will get there! 

Activity level has been almost nil.  We get a walk in here and there, but nothing regular.  We want to get the bikes out.  We didn't do any biking last year. 

The next few weeks will likely not see too many posts again.  Sarah is arriving on Thursday.  Just her, not the girls.  :(  She is coming to be here for Josh's surgery.  Our son was diagnosed with thyroid cancer on Feb. 10 and is having surgery on June 12 to remove his thyroid and all of the lymph nodes in his neck.  The surgeon has booked 8 hrs for the surgery and 5 nights in hospital.  He has to be at the hospital at 6:00am and surgery is scheduled for 8:00am.  It is going to be a very long day. 

I got my exercise on Sunday, helping build a fence at Josh's girlfriend's house.  We helped again last night.  It is almost done.  I did get on the treadmill this morning.  It was only 15 minutes, but that is a start.  That included 3 x 1 minute runs.  I have started seeing an osteopath about my IT band/hip problem.  Just 2 visits so far, but I am hopeful that he will help.

Time to go and get a bit of cleaning/organizing done before Sarah gets here. 

I will leave you with a picture of my lilacs!  I have always loved them and bought myself a tree last year.  The blooms are purple with white around the edges and I got quite a few of them!



 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to read your post Janice and catch up with news.

    So pleased to see all the photo's - thanks for sharing.

    Very special thoughts coming your way for you, Josh and all the family.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. We did get some good news last night in the midst of the stress of waiting for the surgery...Josh and Sharon got engaged! Very exciting!!! We couldn't ask for a sweeter daughter-in-law. :)

      Delete