September 8, 2014

Good Start to the Week

I have some time to kill before I have to pick up Jim from work. It sucks having only one vehicle sometimes. If I need the car, I have to drive him the 42 km to work in Fort Erie and then pick him up. He likes it because he says it makes the time away from me shorter!  So, I stopped at McDonalds and got a coffee and came down to the parkway with my book. It is a glorious day. This is the Peace Bridge that goes from Fort Erie to Buffalo, NY. 


And the Buffalo skyline.


Things have been going well. I got on the scale this morning and, after a gain last week (partly due to too many nuts and dark chocolate), I was down 9.8 lbs!!  My activity wasn't as much as I wanted but I did get my planks in every day. This morning I got on the treadmill for a 30 min workout and felt good after 35 seconds with the plank so pushed through to 40 seconds. 

I found a great blog called Satisfying Eats, with grain free, sugar free, low carb recipes! There are a lot of Paleo/Primal sites but that doesn't always translate into low carb. I tried the deep dish pizza recipe on Saturday and it was delicious. 


Tonight will be salmon cakes and Better than Red Lobster biscuits. They use almond flour and a bit of coconut flour. Mmmm... Can't wait to see if they tast as good as the picture looks. 

1 comment:

  1. Down 9.8 that's good, well done.

    Almond flour is great for reducing the carbs and quite versatile.

    Hope the rest of the week goes well - like your photo's too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete